Thursday, January 17, 2008

WORLD OF CORNERS

Momma was caught cryin' again
by me.
She turn away a bit too slow
as she always tried ta do
an failed.
Da screamin' was louder dis time.
So loud dey got through ma hands
an in ma head.
I came from da shadows inna corner.
ta help momma
on hands an knees
inna ki'chin.
I touch her onna shoulder
ta tell her I was sorry
but she push me away,
an she hit me too.
So I hid back inna shadows again.
Da corners.
Listenin' ta her sobs an pains.
I stay dar must of da time
Naw.
All da time.
Bin onna corner mos' ma life.
From sun up ta sun down.
In ma head an' ma life.
I'ma cornerboy inna world a corners.
Come touch me an hear me holla.


World of Corners by Shazza Nakim
Copyright © by Peace of Mind Publishings and with permission by Shazza Nakim

No comments: