Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'LL CAST A SHADOW OVER YOU

You defame me and
You disrespect me,
When all your chosen words are cast.
Like stones at the sinner, they hit hard.
And I take it, blow by blow.
But there will be a time when I'll feel no more.
That is when I'll cast a shadow over you.

Your brave words never sound so clear.
And your over-confidence amazes me.
The fact that your speech,
Charismatic and royal in its way,
Can always place me in an uncompromising position,
-- For I cannot always find the words.
Disadvantaged though I may be,
You never gave me a doubt.
For when I do get the urge or the desire within,
I'll stand, and cast my shadow over you.

And then we will all see,
As I take the breath,
That forms your words,
Those words that you say
So eloquently,
When your world is blocked by my presence.
Me, eclipsing you from the sun.
Standing beneath me
Because I cast a shadow over you.


I'll Cast a Shadow Over You by Shazza Nakim
Copyright © by Peace of Mind Publishings and with permission by Shazza Nakim

No comments: