Wednesday, January 2, 2008

DARK COMEDY

I finally felt that I was on top of the world,
for in my travels I witnessed a fallen bird.
Broken spirited, hallowed, and curled
not a chip or a chirp, a tenor nor tone.
I finally felt vindicated,
Man over creature!
Nature’s selection
because you laughed at me, daily
Given a sublime vehicle,
to leave me my lust and desire
a tormented deviant.
A lie.
But now you cannot touch the stars anymore!
Can't lie upon the prevailing winds of the seasons.
Now knocking at that eternal door
erased for all known memory without reason.
I celebrate because ' I out lived your grace’;
Out distanced your splendid existence.
For I lived at my own earthen pace.
Standing here laughing, without hesitation or restraint.
And then by dawn I realized
Your soul
up in Heaven had ascended even beyond Grace and left me behind
to clean up your mess.
And I laugh some more,
I think I am mad.


Dark Comedy by Shazza Nakim
Copyright © by Peace of Mind Publishings and with permission by Shazza Nakim

No comments: