Thursday, February 21, 2008

LEADERSHIP DELAYED




In a dimly lit room I sat,
in the center,
the center of the room.
My room where I sat,
Alone in the middle,
where I sat,
there at the center.
And I sat there waiting .........

waiting for the telephone to ring.
Waiting there
like always
for the call.
The pressure just at the front of my head
Balanced between my eyes,

staring ..........

staring at the telephone.
And my fingers tapping,
tapping away.
Tapping at no particular rhythm,
No particular song.
Just tapping ...........

on and on
and on and on.
Waiting for the call.
Someone to call
me,
someone to talk
to me.
Waiting,
just wanting to have someone to say
something.
Anything.
I want to know if everything is fine.
Am I fine,
if I can leave this room .........
this place?

For my calling.

Leadership Delayed by Shazza Nakim
Copyright © by Peace of Mind Publishings and with permission by Shazza Nakim

1 comment:

Rodney said...

I like this piece. I can seriously relate.