Friday, April 18, 2008

TOUCHED BY THE SUN



Touched by the sun.
Carried by the wind.
Born a child of the sea,
my Mother
kissed into me, a love that is King.
I carry the elements of a World in my heart,
and in my mind,
the essences of my time
moves shade and shadow
from my front to my behind
and the pace of my step
begets my rhyme.
Sing songs.
Walks real long.
Where I go, I create my all.

As my eyes move
coveting
tasting, feeling, wanting hearing
the coo and the woo
as I walk on by,
walk on by.
It’s the color in the dye
when I bleed my spirit in kind
on the ground, all around
Earthen luster
Color in destiny
Painting it in dreams
as King
my decisions make it Real.

Storm clouds rise
heart beats die
as Holy Grails pass from mouth to mouth.
Drink hearty
Mother’s elixir to live,
smile,
breath and breast
growing child into warrior
warriors into gods
gods in to children
children chastised by GOD
for playing the game
Creation.
And getting it wrong.

Looking up,
out and about
ritual and ancient,
transition right,
She,
the me
opposite of me
takes my hand and back to the sea.
Upon a time,
completing my rhyme
placed in slumber by stone.
Covered by flame
sent back to the sun by the Earth.


Touched by the Sun by Shazza Nakim
Copyright © by Peace of Mind Publishings and with permission by Shazza Nakim

1 comment:

Ann Brock said...

Thanks again for another great poem.