Monday, April 14, 2008

SCHISM



A battle of dichotomies you and I.
Opposite sides of the fence we live, A thought,
" oh no, we just are ".
And we both don't understand the reasons why
and why for.
We're just different or at least that's what we believed.
At some place and time we just
existed.
Never questioned, never asked.
All the same.
But opposites we were.
Being me, myself, by myself.
And it was O.K.
For you, were you, yourself, by yourself.
No one bothered us.
But now I have to think on a different level now.
In terms of evens and equals.
Opposites that had and had not.
Life was so much simpler then, before the catalyst.
I was such a bohemian, the true maverick in those days.
Iconoclastic to the very end I wanted to be.
But a rebel with a capital R
I'll be branded
In this new PC World of two's.
When you are either this or that.
People getting with this or getting with that.
I just don't understand anymore.
It was like we woke up and everything
changed.
I know not of the occurrence of
How we just split.


Schism by Shazza Nakim
Copyright © by Peace of Mind Publishings and with permission by Shazza Nakim

No comments: